Connect with us

Healthcare

Cowboys Pay Four Cheerleaders $2.4 Million Settlement After Voyeurism Allegations: Report

Yesenia Harris

Published

on

(The Hill) – The Dallas Cowboys paid a settlement of $2.4 million after four members of its cheerleading squad accused former team senior executive Richard Dalrymple of voyeurism. 

Documents obtained by ESPN on Wednesday said each woman received a total sum of $399,523.27 from the confidential settlement over allegations involving Dalrymple. 

Sources with knowledge of the events and documents sent by lawyers to the Cowboys said that one of the cheerleaders alleged that during a team event in 2015, she saw Dalrymple standing behind a partial wall in their changing room and recording them with his iPhone. 

The sources told ESPN that Dalrymple had entry to the back door of the cheerleader’s locker room by using a security key card.


Air Force paying to prevent ‘lunar traffic jams’

Dalrymple spent over three decades as the Cowboys’ longtime senior vice president for public relations and communications. He was also a close ally to longtime owner Jerry Jones, according to ESPN. 

A longtime Cowboys fan also accused Dalrymple of taking “upskirt” photos of Jones’s daughter, the team’s senior vice president Charlotte Jones Anderson, in the team’s war room during the 2015 NFL Draft. 

According to the affidavit, the unidentified fan claimed he witnessed the incident while watching a livestream of the war room on the team’s website. 

A source said the Cowboys did issue Dalrymple a formal warning after the alleged cheerleading incident. ESPN reported a May 2016 settlement which includes a nondisclosure agreement about the accusations. 

“The organization took these allegations extremely seriously and moved immediately to thoroughly investigate this matter,” Cowboys’ spokesperson Jim Wilkinson said in a statement. “The investigation was handled consistent with best legal and HR practices and the investigation found no evidence of wrongdoing.”


‘Yellowstone’ actor won’t attend awards ceremony over COVID-19 rules

In a statement, Dalrymple, who recently retired from his position with the team earlier this month, denied the allegations against him, ESPN noted. 

“People who know me, co-workers, the media and colleagues, know who I am and what I’m about,” Dalrymple said.  “I understand the very serious nature of these claims and do not take them lightly. The accusations are, however, false. One was accidental and the other simply did not happen. Everything that was alleged was thoroughly investigated years ago, and I cooperated fully.”

The Hill has reached out to the Dallas Cowboys for comment. 

Original Source: fox16.com

Healthcare

Pulaski County Fair Comes to North Little Rock Riverfront Park

Yesenia Harris

Published

on

NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – If you are looking for a fun time going into the weekend, the Pulaski County Fair is back in the Little Rock metro this week.

North Little Rock is hosting its 2nd annual fair at the Riverfront Park in North Little Rock. The fair hours Wednesday through Friday will be 5:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. On Saturday and Sunday, it will open at noon and close at 11 p.m.


Little Rock mayor announces Topgolf coming to metro

Fair-goers will be able to enjoy Hip Hop Night Thursday and participate in a pie contest the following Sunday. Other activities include rides, games and talent contests.

Adult admission is $5 and children 12 and under will have free admission.

For more information on ticket purchase and activities, visit ThePulaskiCountyFair.com.

Original Source: fox16.com

Continue Reading

Healthcare

Court Recesses in Josh Duggar Child Pornography Sentencing

Yesenia Harris

Published

on

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (KNWA/KFTA) — On May 25, Judge Timothy L. Brooks called a recess in the Western District of Arkansas Federal Court shortly after 11:30 a.m.

Nearly the entire morning session of Joshua Duggar’s sentencing hearing was spent addressing a list of objections the defense made to a pre-sentencing report submitted to the court. The prosecution had one objection, which was addressed before today’s hearing.

The defense had 21 objections, and the morning proceed with the judge addressing many of them. Several objections about sentencing enhancements were overruled, others were sustained, and a handful of them were tabled until later in the day.


‘No merit,’ says federal judge in denying Duggar’s motion for a new trial

Some of the judge’s rulings on certain objections also rendered others moot, seeing some of the 22 items withdrawn. The judge also vacated one of Duggar’s convictions as a lesser charge, which he had previously noted he would do when Duggar was found guilty in December, 2021.

The judge sided with the defense on the matter of whether Duggar “did knowingly engage in distribution” of illegal child sexual assault materials. At issue was the peer-to-peer file sharing software Duggar used, which is how his activity was first discovered by an undercover Little Rock police officer.

Ultimately, the judge found the passive nature of the software, which cannot turn file sharing ability on or off, to be enough to sustain the defense’s objection.

Another matter that has been disputed by both sides in sentencing memorandums pertains to the total number of images Duggar downloaded. The defense has maintained that the number is “127 at most,” while the prosecution has stated that there were over 600.

Today, the judge clarified the importance of this difference, noting that the defense’s total would result in a two-level sentencing enhancement, while the prosecution’s higher number would increase that to a five level enhancement.


‘Josh didn’t choose this life’: Duggar’s wife, mother, and others write letters to judge pleading for leniency in sentencing

A good deal of time was spent trying to calculate an exact total, with the judge ultimately deciding that it was impossible, partially due to the presence of some files being located in unallocated space on Duggar’s computer. Judge Brooks added that each video counted as 75 images in this total.

“The Court gets to 525 images very easily,” he stated, before settling on an unconfirmed total of 590. He acknowledged that there may be more than 600, but for sentencing purposes he limited the enhancement to four levels.

Two defense objections pertained to what the court called Duggar’s “Ashley Madison scandal,” and the judge ruled that his confessions about infidelity before the trial and his own words about having a pornography addiction were “relevant in several respects.”

Judge Brooks will rule on the remaining objections and subsequently begin addressing the final sentencing guidelines this afternoon, beginning at 12:10 p.m.

Original Article: fox16.com

Continue Reading

Healthcare

Norwich Man Charged With Home Invasion, Assault With “hatchet-style” Weapon

Yesenia Harris

Published

on

Norwich police on Wednesday, with the aid of the U.S. Marshal’s Service, arrested the suspect in a Feb. 8 home invasion.

Original Post: theday.com

Continue Reading

Trending

RedFoxNews.com